Thursday, March 24, 2011

Was California Trying to Tell Me Something?





Well we are back in Colorado now, and I really did enjoy my two weeks in California. But I have to say it was a crazy couple of weeks in the Golden State. A few days after arriving a tsunami hit the coast, and then towards the end of the trip I was planning on going to Big Sur but saw this on Twitter the night before.


That is a 40 ft. section of highway 1 (the road I needed to take the next day to get to Big Sur) that fell into the Pacific Ocean due to a mudslide.

Even with the road falling into the ocean I was still fortunate to find another beautiful park off highway one north of the damage where I had great views of Big Sur, redwoods, the coast, and the mountains (Pictures at the top of this post).

Then at the end of our trip we went to San Francisco for a couple of days and people were buying iodine tablets for fear of radiation exposure from Japan, and then the rain started to pour down on us. The weather was so bad our final night in California I felt that I was in a hurricane situation while waiting at the cable car stop. The rain was coming sideways and the wind was braking my umbrella.

Despite all the bizzare things going on I still had a blast in CA. I have to say that after two weeks, however, it was so great to see our little puppy and sleep in our own bed. But look out Californians I am coming back when Tomme graduates so be prepared!



No comments:

Post a Comment