Saturday, March 12, 2011

Hiking at Point Lobos

Today was another great day in CA. We went to Point Lobos State Park for a hike with Tomme's professor and classmates which was beautiful. We saw sea lions, harbor seals, and hermit crabs. But it was the incredible scenery that took the cake. Here are some samples.





















The last two pictures are of China Cove, and some of the guys that were with us (including my husband) decided to take a dip in it despite not having wet suits. Now I am all about "once in a lifetime experiences" but come on. Swimming in that cove anytime of the year, but especially in March, is just ridiculous and I was not going to be going on that adventure. But getting to watch Tomme and his buds do it provided me with a very humorous show. It was like watching the movie "Jackass", but live.

After today I am convinced this park is a must see when visiting the Monterey area and I will definitely be doing a trail run there this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment