Monday, November 8, 2010

First Day on the Slopes

So as I mentioned in my last post I have been impatiently waiting for CO winter to arrive so I could break out all my winter sports gear and have some fun. Well winter definitely has not arrived here in the Springs yet (I plan on using my motorcycle today for transport). But up in the mountains ski resorts have started to open, and this past weekend my friend Anita and I took to Copper Mountain to get our boots on the snow for the first time this season.




This picture is Anita and I celebrating getting off the lift for the first time successfully. Her snowboarding season ended early last year when she tore her MCL while getting off the lift so we were very grateful to get off the lift in one piece this year.

It was a pretty good first day. Bright and sunny during the first half of our first run, then a blizzard came down during the second half of the same run. This blizzard was accompanied by lightening at the top of the mountain so they shut down the lift. Then about 30 minutes later it was back to bright and sunny and we got a couple more runs in before calling it an early day to take it easy on Anita's recovering knee.

It was a great day and it got me even more excited to get out there with my hubby and fly down the mountain!

Location:Copper Mountain, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment