Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11

The following is not about being a mediocre adventurer. When I got up today I was almost pinned down with the weight of my feelings and thoughts on today, and I wrote this in an attempt to lift some of that weight by sharing how I feel with all of you. So I apologize at the random change of direction, but thank you for letting me vent. This is what I wrote when I first got up.

I woke up this morning with a pain in my chest as I usually do on this day. I thought of that day, where I was, who I was with, and remembered the the absolute confusion we felt. To those of you that I was with thank you for being there so none of us had to experience it alone. I remember the men and women that have died since and their families' pain and sacrifice. And I also think of America, who we are, what we are proud to be, and what so many have sacrificed for. The land of the free, where we will not allow terrorists to take away our spirit of freedom, love, tolerance, equality, and acceptance. That in America we are free to worship the God of our choice. That is the America they want to destroy. And the best way to help our enemies is to forget who we are and let hate, fear, ignorance, and terror divide us. As we remember victims of 9/11 today and we remember our soldiers oversees let's remember that many of them were and are Muslims too and they are grieving today with the rest of us. There is an Islamic place of worship at the Pentagon and at Walter Reed for a reason. My thoughts and prayers are with all of our citizens who died on 9/11 and all those that have made the ultimate sacrifice since, as well as their families and friends. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment